Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why I'm making no progress.......                            

Years of abuse of my rotator cuff (tennis, lots of other sports) culminated in tearing the muscle off the bone while sqeezing hundreds of solid rivets for the airplane build.  The surgical repair (four weeks ago) involved re-attaching the muscle to the bone with dozens of plastic anchors.
The really bad part is that I have to wear the sling for six weeks, with no load being applied for ten weeks. Kinda makes it difficult to get much done on the airplane.  Being right handed, I'm having to write on the blackboard lefty, reach across to shift gears with my left hand, brush my teeth left handed, etc.  Not fun. 
Of course, it's just my luck that Van's, on April 1st, announced the availability of a product which would have prevented the shoulder damage.  Van's AN470 Rivet Spray removes the need for squeezing, bucking or pulling rivets.  This product is simply sprayed onto the rivets after they've been placed in the holes, allowed to "set" for a period of time, then, as if by magic, they form the correct shop head and you're done. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment