Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hardest part.....                            

...so far.  Other RV builders who are further along would probably laugh the this statement, but the box spar for the stabilator offered more opportunities for confusion than anything else up to this point.  I had watched the Homebuilt Help video (well worth the money) for this, but apparently didn't pay attention.  There are a lot of flush rivets which must be counter sunk and squeezed, and I've developed a dislike for these.  I had to drill out 5 of them as a result of inattention to detail.  Listening to music and thinking about a problem the Spousal Unit (my tolerant, beautiful and brainy wife, Karen) is working on (analysis of a rocket nozzle using the method of characteristics for supersonic flow) is not a good thing to do while trying to interpret the plans for the RV-12.  I am, however, becoming fluent in Oregonian as I work my way through the plans.  Building an airplane involves completing ten thousand small tasks in the correct sequence.  I don't feel overwhelmed, but I definitely feel frustrated about the slow progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment