Sunday, January 22, 2012

(page 6-07) No more unsightly bulges.....            

...on my tail.  After removing the clecos and skin and trimming the ribs two more times,  I finally got rid of the bumps caused by the skinny end of the fromt spar and top two ribs.  I had radiused these as called out in the plans, but simply doing as told wasn't enough.  The top two ribs were less a problem than the front spar.
These are the little buggers that caused the problem.  In addition to radiusing as called for, I removed a good bit if additional metal to cause it to quit poking the underside of the skin.

After all the filing, I re-applied primer in keeping with my decision to prime only the internal alclad which contacts another surface.

After installing and removing (three times!) that many clecos, my hands are a bit numb.  I'm guessing (hoping) the rudder, horizontal stab and stabilator will be easier to skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment