Sunday, January 22, 2012

(page 6-07) Ain't it purty?...................              

Here's the obligatory picture entitled builder-with-completed-v-stab.  I had one issue with the riveting:  On the second-from-the-bottom rib, the forward-most hole is in a short tab.  Unknown to me, when I inserted the cleco, the tab bent down since the holes didn't line up perfectly.  I was able to insert a peice of wood through one of the holes in the lower-most rib and bend the tab back to a horizontal position.  I held the tab in this position while re-drilling the hole.  Worked great.
All the rivets are in.  All the fingerprints are wiped off.  It's a thing of beauty.  On one rib (second from the top) I managed to put a small dent in the skin with the cleco pliers.  Otherwise, all the riveting went well.  The pneumatic riveter is wonderful.



-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment