Sunday, February 17, 2013

(page 27-02) revisited                                                             

Using the new pedal alignment method worked much better for the match drilling, and I wish I'd used it for all four.  Reiterating, I clamped the torque tube to the rudder pedal as per the build manual, but rather than match drilling the #30 holes completely through on each side, followed by the #12 and 1/4 inch bits, I used the pilot holes in the rudder pedals to "mark" the torque tubes by lightly inserting the spinning #30 bit.  I marked the relative position of the torque tubes and the rudder pedals with a sharpie, then moved the whole thing to the drill press and match drilled all the holes.  It was easy to maintain the alignment by looking at the sharpie marks.  Worked great.

Assembling the nylon blocks around the tubes and bolting the whole assembly to the nutplates on the shelf was not easy but succumbed to a little of persistent effort.  I taped everything together with blue painter's tape, which held until I started the bolts with my fingers.  The brake cylinders were installed before mounting the whole rig to the shelf.

Skipping now to the seat backs before installing the brake lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment