Sunday, October 28, 2012

(Page 21-15) Waiting for the Oracle to speak........

The vast expanse of aluminum known as the bottom skin is clecoed (only a few are shown inserted, a few hundred will follow), the various doublers and stiffeners are in place (the triangular pieces around the inspection plates and the unseen pieces that connect them), but I'm reluctant to rivet it all together because of the pending fix for the landing gear problem.  The Mothership has published a diagram showing where not to rivet in anticipation of the fix, but I'm still nervous. There are many hundreds of rivets that go into bottom skin, and I'd hate to have do drill them out.

There's a two-month lead time on the wing kit, so I plan to order it tomorrow.  With Christmas break coming up, I'm thinking I can finish the fuselage before the end of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment