Thursday, April 12, 2012

(page 09-08) When space is this tight....                         

....you use any available surface.  Imagine, a table with 436 horsepower.  You can probably see from this picture why I haven't unpacked and inventoried the fuselage kit yet.  I'm beyond the 30-day deadline for identifying missing parts, so I'll have to trust that Van's sent everything I paid for.  The first kit was missing only a couple of bolts, so I can live with that.

I finially figured out what I was supposed to do with drilling the piano hinges.  The plans call for temporarily clecoing the left and right hinges to the inside of the right skin for match drilling some of the holes.  Turns out, some of the holes in the skin are irregularly spaced, so the drilling template can't be used for these.  I'd like to volunteer to re-write this portion of the plans in order to save other builders some frustration.  On second thought, maybe it's immediately obvious to everyone but me what's supposed to be done.  I haven't heard other builders complain about this step on the forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment