Tuesday, December 20, 2011

(page 6-04) Gettin' a little behind....                   
..in the project.  I had planned to be much farther along at this point.  Not sure what the problem is.  In order to finish in two years (my goal), I need to put in about an hour and fifteen minutes per day, assuming 900 hours to complete the project (the high end of Van's estimate).          

At the outset of the project, I wondered why I needed an air drill. Seemed like a good battery-operated drill would be just as good. Turns out the air drill is much faster and makes a better hole, and, being a lot smaller, will get into tighter spaces. With this number of holes, it'll make a big difference. I bought Isham's tool package, which is specific to the RV-12. It was a bit cheaper than Avery's, but so far, I'm happy with it. Haven't tried the pneumatic-hydraulic rivet puller yet. Soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment